Surveying department is performing its role as technical and effective unit in OEOC Company by updating its technical knowledge and equipments, attending in different land and marine seismological projects and cooperating with foreign companies.
Operating stages of land surveying:
- Gathering basic information in accordance with project’s needs. .
- Providing appropriate equipments and fulfilling required tests. .
- Preparing regional maps and adding project information to them.
- Recognizing the region and preparing complementary data to update current information.
- Preparing current basic points around the region.
- Creating GPS network on the basis of current basic points and performing required measurements.
- Fulfilling network calculations through available software such as "L.G.O" Leica Geo office GNSS Solutions and "T.G.O" Trimble Geo office.
- Positioning receiver and explosive points in accordance with primary information and through different software such as GPS Seismic.
- Introducing receiver points to operating groups in order to locate them on land.
- Repeated positioning of mentioned points before seismic operations.
- Determining final specifications of points for informing quality control department.
- Preparing a perfect plan of operations and submitting it to different groups.
- Preparing daily and monthly reports to regional managers and surveying department.
- Compiling final reports along with a list from specifications of all related points.
- - Continual cooperation in designing and fulfillment of engineering projects i.e. profiles and section operation in road construction projects and calculating volume of earthworks.
Operating measures of marine surveying group:
Marine surveying considerably differs land surveying. The main responsibility of our operational group is receiving primary information and preparing regional map and a list of receiver and explosive points. Then, coordinates of designed lines and position of related points will be uploaded to employed software and subsequent coordination will be done with navigation department to direct the ships to related operational region.
Synchronicity is one of the most important issues in marine operations. That is, after direction of ship on required routes and arriving specific point, shoot order will be issued by surveying software and immediately, explosive equipments will be activated while recording system starts to register reflected data. Meanwhile, all information will automatically be registered on magnetic bonds and submitted to quality control unit after fulfillment of necessary processing.
Surveying group shall test all equipments in operational wharf before commencement of operations and prepare a report about it. This group may employ satellite GPS systems during operation and receive correcting information from coast stations to locate exact position of ships and consequently locate related seismological points (receiver points, energy resources, target points) on the basis of UKOOA format. It shall also provide a final report including report of devices’ tests, operating map and list of purpose points on magnetic bonds.
A perspective of geographic information system in OEOC surveying department:
Required procedures were done during past year for establishment of integrated web database in Tehran office. Beneficial measures were done in this case after fulfillment of feasibility studies and consideration of company’s objectives.
Auto pilot representation of Bahar 2D project was completely different from what was previously occurred; and usage of elevation model and satellite images which were provided to create a realistic and 3D view of district along with representation of all details and also with high capabilities in sampling question and answer process is one of the GIS projects.