Surveying department is performing its role as technical and effective unit in OEOC Company by updating its technical knowledge and equipments, attending in different land and marine seismological projects and cooperating with foreign companies.
Operating stages of land surveying:
- Gathering basic information in accordance with project’s needs. .
- Providing appropriate equipments and fulfilling required tests. .
- Preparing regional maps and adding project information to them.
- Recognizing the region and preparing complementary data to update current information.
- Preparing current basic points around the region.
- Creating GPS network on the basis of current basic points and performing required measurements.
- Fulfilling network calculations through available software such as "L.G.O" Leica Geo office GNSS Solutions and "T.G.O" Trimble Geo office.
- Positioning receiver and explosive points in accordance with primary information and through different software such as GPS Seismic.
- Introducing receiver points to operating groups in order to locate them on land.
- Repeated positioning of mentioned points before seismic operations.
- Determining final specifications of points for informing quality control department.
- Preparing a perfect plan of operations and submitting it to different groups.
- Preparing daily and monthly reports to regional managers and surveying department.
- Compiling final reports along with a list from specifications of all related points.
- - Continual cooperation in designing and fulfillment of engineering projects i.e. profiles and section operation in road construction projects and calculating volume of earthworks.
A perspective of geographic information system in OEOC surveying department:
Required procedures were done during past year for establishment of integrated web database in Tehran office. Beneficial measures were done in this case after fulfillment of feasibility studies and consideration of company’s objectives.
Auto pilot representation of Bahar 2D project was completely different from what was previously occurred; and usage of elevation model and satellite images which were provided to create a realistic and 3D view of district along with representation of all details and also with high capabilities in sampling question and answer process is one of the GIS projects.